Myanmar Deaf Community Development Association
Myanmar Deaf Community Development Association was formed by persons with disabilities under guidance of the Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement and was registered as a non-profit organization with the Ministry of Home Affairs (registration number 1/domestic/0065). The organization aims to promote the rights of PWDs in line with the Rights of the Persons with Disabilities Law and UN-CRPD, and to enhance capacities of persons with hearing loss.
- Let us work together to remove barriers
- All persons with disabilities – including all persons with hearing disabilities in Myanmar – can enjoy equal rights according to the constitution of Union of Myanmar (2008), UN-CRPD, and the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Law (2015), and live with dignity.
- To safeguard and promote rights of persons with disabilitiesin all sectors
- Toadvocate forlegal and policy reforms for ensuring the rights of persons with disabilities in accordance with UNCRPD, and their participation..
- To improve capacity and resilience of all persons with hearing disabilities.
- To implement social and economic support programs for persons with disabilities.
- Inclusion/ Non- Discrimination o MDCDA members and stakeholders will participate in services and program implementation with no discrimination by race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, color, gender or sexual orientation. • Diversity o MDCDA recognizes and values diverse culture, believes and capacities of persons with disabilities • Equality & Equity o MDCDA will lead by example in creating an equitable society with narrowed inequalities between persons with disabilities and other community members